Thursday, November 17, 2011

Germs and Words Circling the Bed


By Susan Esther Barnes

This is a conversation I had with my husband last night:

Me: I can't believe I haven't caught the cold you had last week.

Him: Me, either.

Me: I don't know how many times I woke up during the night to find you breathing your germs right in my face.

Him: That wouldn't be a problem if you stayed on your side of the bed.

Me: There are two cats, plus me, on my side, but only one of you. We should get three-fourths of the bed. You should feel lucky for what you get.

Him: I don't think so.

Me: Do you think we should trade in our queen bed for a king so we'll have more room?

Him: No, we don't need a king. I don't feel like we're too crowded.

Me: Ok. I still feel lucky I didn't catch your cold, with you breathing on me like that.

Him: That wouldn't be a problem if you stayed on your side of the bed.


Gotta love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment