Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Top Ten Posts from To Kiss a Mezuzah 2010

By Susan Esther Barnes

Because today is Ground Hog's Day, and in honor the movie of the same name, today I'm going to go back in time to present a list of the top 10 posts from To Kiss a Mezuzah from 2010. The list below starts with the most popular, based on the number of page views from January 1, 2010 through yesterday. This list isn't really a "fair" comparison, since I had a lot more daily readers at the end of the year than at the beginning, but then again, the older posts had more time to get more pageviews from those looking at the archives.

So if you're a relatively new reader of this blog, this list may help you catch up on the highlights:

1. Most popular by far, probably due to the popularity of the Orthodox rabbi's blog which precipitated this post, was A Reform Jew Discussed on an Orthodox Blog Reflects.

2. Tefillin Barbie started a conversation with my readers which I hope to continue into this year.

3. Sharing the same month with Barbie and a similar number of pageviews is The Sliding Scale of Kosher.

4. In the number 4 position, and one for which I have a great deal of fondness, is She is Pure, focusing on a life changing experience I am grateful and honored to have experienced.

5. To read these in chronological order I'd suggest you read number 7 on this list before you read this one, but number 5, displaying my favorite graphic so far for any of my posts, is My Tefillin Are My Friends - How Did That Happen?

6. I still have a hard time reading the title of Orthodox Jews in Space without thinking of the Muppet's Pigs in Space, but of course the one couldn't be further from the other.

7. November was a popular month, resulting in number 4, 6, and 7 on the Top Ten list. Following up on the topic I introduced in Tefillin Barbie listed above, I wrote The Trouble with Tefillin.

8. Mezuzahs on the Doorposts of Gentiles gave me a chance to think about an issue I had not come across before. Jews don't always take their mezuzah with them when they leave? Who knew?

9. Following up on number 6 above is the sequel Orthodox Jews in Space - The Real Questions.

10. Rounding out the list is With Apologies to the Caterer. I'm happy to say I still see the caterer from this story, and we continue to have a friendly relationship.

I'm looking forward to finding out which posts from 2011 you think are the most worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment